The Trust awards W. W. Smith Scholarship Program grants to accredited colleges and universities located in the
Greater Philadelphia area. Each institution then awards scholarships to full-time undergraduate students who
meet W. W. Smith’s eligibility requirements. Institutions are considered by invitation only. Partnering schools
screen and select W. W. Smith Scholarship recipients based upon our Student Eligibility criteria (see below).
How To Apply
- The W. W. Smith Scholarship Program grant is awarded to 41 pre-selected colleges and universities in the Greater Philadelphia area.
- For Students: If you are a student interested in being considered for a scholarship, first, check the Smith Scholarship Schools list
below to see if your school is one of our partners. If so, contact your school’s financial aid office for information on how to apply.
Note: The Trust does not directly award scholarships to individuals.
- For Schools: If you are an accredited, nonprofit degree-granting institution interested in offering the W. W. Smith Scholarship for
your students, please email us to introduce your school: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your school campus must be in either (a) one
of five designated Pennsylvania counties (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia), or (b) the City of Camden, New Jersey.
A scholarship recipient must be:
- Enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree-granting course of study.
- A U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or U.S. permanent resident, as per federal aid guidelines.
- A permanent resident of either (a) one of five designated Pennsylvania counties (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia),
or (b) the City of Camden, New Jersey. Out-of-state students who gain residency status due to their college enrollment are not eligible for this scholarship.
- In good academic standing with cumulative and current (most recent term) grade point averages at 2.5 or better.
- A student with demonstrated financial need.
W. W. Smith Scholarship Schools
Below is a current list of colleges and universities that offer the Smith Scholarship. If you are a student enrolled in a school listed below, please contact your financial
aid office about how to be considered for the W. W. Smith Scholarship.
- Arcadia University
- Bryn Mawr College
- Bucks County Community College
- Cabrini University
- Cairn University
- Camden County College
- Chestnut Hill College
- Community College of Philadelphia
- Delaware County Community College
- Delaware Valley University
- Drexel University
- Eastern University
- Gwynedd-Mercy University
- Harcum College
- Haverford College
- Holy Family University
- Immaculata University
- LaSalle University
- Lincoln University
- Manor College
- Montgomery County Community College
- Moore College of Art & Design
- Neumann University
- Peirce College
- Penn State Abington
- Penn State Brandywine
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Rosemont College
- Rowan University
- Rutgers University
- St. Joseph's University
- Temple University
- Thomas Jefferson University
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of the Arts
- University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
- Ursinus College
- Villanova University
- West Chester University
- Widener University
- Williamson College of the Trades